Few animals are as mystical and wise as the owl, throughout many cultures of the world this is an animal of importance is rich in symbolism. Here we will shed light on some of the different meanings behind this majestic bird.
Taking symbolism from the owl directly, it is noteworthy that it is a creature of the night. Nocturnal creatures are symbolic of inner-knowing, psychic ability, and intuition – so too is the owl.
Native American tribes (primarily plains’ Indians) viewed the owl as a protector against harm and their feathers were ritually worn to ward of evil spirits. Similarly, West African and Aboriginal Australian cultures viewed the owl as a messenger of secrets, kin to sorcerers, as well as companions to seers, mystics and medicine people. During medieval times in western and central Europe it was fabled that owls were actually priestesses (witches) and wizards in disguise.
The owl is sacred to the Greek goddess of learning, Athena and is even depicted on some Greco-Roman currency as a symbol of status, intelligence and of course, wealth.
In other cultures such as in China, Egypt, and India the owl is seen as the guardian of the afterlife and is a highly respected emblem. The owl was honored as the keeper of spirits who had passed from one plane to another. Some people might confuse this with the owl being associated with death, so don’t be frightened if you are visited by this majestic bird.
If an owl has visited you, an incredible gift has been bestowed. Also, keep in mind that animals are only called to those who share the same energy. In other words, you hold within you some of the very same symbolic attributes the owl represents. For example, you may have abilities to know things that others do not know. It may be likely you have very strong intuitive abilities that can be fine-tuned.
Meditate on the owl, being aware of the owl's symbolic meanings is a good way to connect with these fascinating creatures, and also become more in-tune with the owl's wisdom.
- Printed on durable, lightweight, high quality material that is washable.
- Eco friendly printing process that won't fade or wash away.
- Loops on each corner for easy mounting.
- Travel friendly, great for festivals, decorate your tent, clips on to EZ Ups.
** All tapestries are MADE TO ORDER and will ship within 2 - 3 weeks of order.
All Ready Made garments will be shipped United States Postal Service Priority mail within 3-5 business days of order. All Custom Garments/Tapestries will be shipped USPS Priority mail within 2 weeks of order. If you have other special shipping requirements please notify us at the time of your order.
If you need faster shipping we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Email us directly at: JumbieFromKentucky@gmail.com
Exchanges + Returns
- If you are unhappy with your purchase we will accept an exchange for another garment or return for store credit.
- Domestic Exchange/Returns must be made within 14 days from when the package was sent to the customer per the date on the shipping label.
- International Exchange/Returns must be made within 30 days from when the package was sent to the customer per the date on the shipping label.
- To be eligible for an Exchange/Return garments must be in original, unworn condition.
- You may Return a garment for any reason and receive store credit in the amount of your purchase. Your credit may be used any time; it will not expire and is transferable.
- Only online orders may be Exchanged/Returned through Warrior Within Designs.
- Any items purchased at a retail store must be exchanged/returned through the retail store and in accordance with their policies.
- All festival and event sales are final.
- All sale/clearance sales are final.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for exchanging/returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
- Any return on items paid for thru PayPal will be subject to a handling fee of 2% to cover non-refundable transaction costs.
- Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
Returns & Exchanges on Customized to Fit Garments
Jumbie Art customized to fit garments are cut to achieve superior fit. They are made just for you according to your measurements and fabric selection. For this reason customized fit garments are non-returnable and non-refundable. In the event there was a mistake made on our part, we will offer a refund/exchange.
We are happy to help you take accurate measurements and select a fabric based on your desire.
Please email us if you have any questions regarding measurements or fabric selection.
315 W 7th St
San Pedro, CA 90731
Be sure to get Delivery Confirmation. We cannot process your exchange/return if we don’t receive your package.Returns & Exchanges may take up to one week to process. All items eligible for return will be refunded and those items eligible for exchange will be credited to the customers account. If you have any questions please contact us at: JumbieFromKentucky@gmail.com